Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy 2016!

Hey again -

I've been looking for a fresh start to this blog and thought 2016 would be it. Turns out I'm eight days late to that party. It seems pretty fitting though, considering I am a procrastinator by nature and running a little bit behind most of the time.

This blog came to a fairly abrupt stop over five months ago. I kept trying to think of ways to start it up again, but I couldn't come up with anything interesting to write about. Ok, maybe that's a stretch, but I just wasn't feeling inspired. I still don't think I have much to write about, but I'm going to take a stab at it.

Here's what I've been up to the past few months:

September - I came home from Australia (sniffle), adjusted to Seattle life for a couple weeks, and then took off again. I went to Florida to visit family for a week, came home for less than 24 hours, and then went to Las Vegas with one of my best friends. It was a whirlwind of a month, but good to be back in the states with family and friends.

October - I had foot surgery the beginning of the month and that basically sums it up. The first few weeks post surgery are always the worst (read: drugged up and laid up). I did manage to get out some, but those memories are pretty blurry due to the pain killers. Oops. And I turned 25. Happy quarter of a century to me! Supposedly, I'm a full-fledged adult now and officially in my mid-twenties. Not feeling any different yet so I get back to you on that one.

November - Still recovering from surgery, but getting around more. This also meant that I was going CRAZY. So tired of sitting around and so, so ready to get on with my life. Our 2nd annual Friendsgiving happened and was a hit, if I don't say so myself. And Thanksgiving weekend was lots of fun with family in town. I was able to ditch the crutches the end of the month, too, which was almost worth throwing a party over. Good riddance!

December - Life was finally starting to get back to normal, whatever that means. I worked a lot more, learned to walk again, and finally could wear normal shoes. Christmas was spent in Seattle with family and I was in the wedding of one of my best friends a couple days following. I also had to say goodbye to another best friend who was moving to California that same day. Let's talk about an emotional day!

January - Off to a good start! I spent nearly a week (thanks to a cancelled flight!) in Bend, Oregon for a family reunion of sorts. I went snowboarding, twice, for the first time in eight years AND only 12 weeks post surgery. HOORAY. I think this means I'm officially recovered. I'm home now, back to school, and back to work. 2016 has been good to me so far!

I'm not sure what this blog will be this coming year. I'm hoping to travel some, but school is taking the front seat right now. So for now, the blog is going to just be about what life is like where ever I am. Probably mostly in Seattle, but you know me, I definitely can't go a year without hopping on a plan at least once. I'm excited for all this year is going to be and already feeling like time is flying, even though we're only eight days in.

So here is to a great year! See you around.

xo, Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment